2007-03-24

Global Conflagration Looming: March 2007 mirrors August 1939


I'll stop posting (and bitching) about Nepal and the relentless drive to power of the MaoBadBoyz™, at least for a while. It pains me beyond sanity to see my beloved, gentle people, my in-laws, my computer students and friends dragged into beastly paws of murderous, useless and passé UTOPIA... Thats'why I am WIDE AWAKE at 4 in the morning - but there is more to it: There is larger game afoot and the dark clouds of Global Conflagration are gathering, the sky blackens and ill wind howls over the Planet. I saw the wisps on horizon - the abrupt stoppage, ABANDONMENT! of Bushehr Nuclear Power Station by the Russians (and HASTY withdrawal of ALL engineers!), rumors of evacuation, heck!, ESCPAE plans of Western Embassies in Tehran - but today´s unprovoked seizure of 15 UK Navy sailors & marines is a full grown tornado!

And the events are
piling on at breath-taking speed:
  1. Seizure of 15 UK Navy personel by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards - ambush really.
  2. Unexpected appearance of French nuclear carrier Charles de Gaulle in the Gulf (now 4 western carrier groups in the vicinity:CDG, USS John C. Stennis, USS Eisenhower and USS Boxer). This is more ships and airplanes since... well pick your comparison!
  3. China´s Hu suddenly apears in Moscow begging for fuel-supplies
  4. Ahmadinejad after all NOT going to New York for SC-meeting!
  5. UK commanders in Basra accused Iran of being behind 90% of the violence in S. Iraq and paying out $250 to anyone willing to attack British troops.
  6. Kuwaiti newspaper Al Seyassah writes that the War starts on April 6th:The targets have supposedly been chosen, and will be hit on April 6 between 0400 and 1600!!! This is REALLY hard to believe -it´s

    Good Friday!

The best we, the Planet, can now hope that the cool heads prevail, as in Cuban Crisis in 1962. But my instincts, my reading of history is we are heading for WAR.

Yup folks, it´s just ranting of an old, tired, scared European: but this flurry of action reminds me of August 1939!

May the Gods have mercy on me and my Civilization.

... and I would prefer this posting made me a fool worldwide and a global village idiot RATHER than beeIng RIGHT!
OM MANI PADME HUM! OM SHANTI! AMEN!

No comments: