2005-11-19

New München in New Delhi

HM Gyanendra & PM Manmohan Singh
The fools! I mean the 7 dwarfs and their foreign enablers, the aptly named US Ambassador Moriarty and soon-to-be-deported-recalled UK Mantriji Bloomfield!
A foul deed is being cooked-up in "an Indian government guest house"...
I can't help it, I'm like an elephant, a true child of the 20th, the bloodiest, century EVER: I think I've seen this photo before (I know I know, the pic is from the last week's SAARC meeiting in Dhaka) oh yes - President Beneš and Hitler in Berlin, or was it, again President/General Secretary Husák & General Secretary Brezhnev in Moscow..
The point I'm trying to make is: I have an instinct, by that I mean something I have no control over, some things just raise my hackles. Like this meetings taking place in New Delhi. Like that looser Dutch Colonel drinking slivovitz with Radko Mladiç in Srebrenica 10 years ago...
Let's see, a "friendly" neighbor harboring ruthless murderers, maybe even more, turning them ON and OFF as they please, in fact controlling them. When it seems the situation could calm down because the Monarchy didn't fold, the RNA continues to grow and expand control and kill the terrorists, and the people are fed-up with the Maoists' atrocities and intransigence and lies - and even take arms against them (Dailekh) -, and what is worst : HM is signaling he might turn North (oh Gods!) to China and change the whole board in this sorry game: then India in collusion with US (where is Michael Ledeen when we need him to rein in the State Dept.?), the South Block appeasers, the people who gave us 100.000 poor Bhutanese refugees (rotting in camps for 10 years!)swing into action.
They drag Prachanda and his band of Sorry Loosers from the jungles where they kept them on tap, get the O3 (Obstinate Octogenarian Ogre) GP Koirala out of respirator, get couple of airtickets to Madhab K. Nepal and his (mis-?)named Communists-UML and cook this deed.
They make a serious mistake, and by that I don't only mean that any deal with the Maobadis is not worth the paper they put their bload-soaked thumbs on, as history teaches us and the mountains of skulls from Magadan to Phnom Penh remind us of.
No - the biggest mistake is that they cook this outside of Nepal. The Nepalis are no fools and are as nationalist and proud as anybody, if not a notch more. They will not stand for this. The fate of Nepal will be decided in Nepal, you can bet on it.
Now I'm only waiting for the triumphant picture of that fox MK. Nepal on the steps of an Indian Airlines 737 in Kathmandu, holding a shabby jhola and beaming:
General Secretary of the CPN-UML, Madhav Kumar Nepal
"Peace in our Time!"

No comments: